Kit Release: August Week 1 Kit 'Wildflower'

Wednesday 1 August 2012


Morning all!

We're off to a wedding today - yes you read correctly - a wedding. On a Wednesday. Random I know. Friday weddings are acceptable because there is no work the next day, but a Wednesday? We have to travel a fair distance to the wedding and obviously travel back again so Ben can go to work tomorrow which means leaving early and no alcohol. I'm guessing a lot of the other guests will be in the same situation so not sure it's going to be much of a party but we shall see - I'm open to being convinced!

Anyway, on to this week's kit release. I have a fabulous kit in store for you today which features some of the absolutely gorgeous My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline range:


The kit contains:
2 x Miss Caroline patterned papers
2 x co-ordinating Bazzill cardstock
1 metre of yellow grosgrain ribbon
Kaisercraft Alphabet stickers

Here is the layout I made using this kit:


I really really loved the framed paper so decided to maximise use of that and added a few circles for embellishments.


And here is the second layout I made using this kit:


I used up practically everything in the kit - I don't think I had any scraps left after this layout. I did have some ribbon leftover because there was loads included in the kit but I made the best use of it I could by making these little ribbon rosettes:


They are really easy to make - just running stitch down one edge then gather the ribbon together into a circle and stitch the two ends together - fabulous!

And here is Kirei's layout using this kit - how super cool are those photos, I love those mailboxes!  Check out her blog for more details on how she made it.


The kit is available to purchase here for £7.00 or check out the details for monthly subscription as you will save £££s!


2 comments

  1. I hope the wedding wasn't too much of a disappointment Nikki! We enjoyed it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan I didn't mean to cause you any offense but I do stand by my personal opinion. I've always thought that weekday weddings are somewhat selfish as they involve people using up their precious annual leave. There was one year when we had 5 Friday weddings which took up a whole week of our annual leave. I've also not said anything that not every single person there was already thinking or even saying (I heard them.) Even your mum's speech was about the fact that the wedding was a Wednesday and that you were born on a Wednesday. It is not a common thing to get married on a Wednesday and of course it was going to raise some eyebrows. I'm sure it was something you thought long and hard about when you booked it.
      As I said no offense intended, just my personal opinion and I even said I was open to being convinced. We did enjoy the day but Ben couldn't really drink and we had to leave early which was down to the fact it was mid-week, but again I'm sure those were factors you considered when you booked it so you shouldn't be surprised when people comment on them.
      BTW the Krispy Kreme cake was absolutely fantastic and a real talking point - awesome! And of course you looked beautiful. Niki xx

      Delete